Tips & Traps for Hiring a Contractor (Open Ebook)
There are plenty of do-it-yourself books on the market, but sound information about hiring and working with home improvement specialists is hard to come by. Written for homeowners who are hiring pros for large-scale home improvement, remodeling, and maintenance jobs, these titles feature visually appealing, easy-to-read layouts, and are packed with sidebars and callouts of special advice on how to hire a contractor.
Written by an author who is a licensed Master Plumber as well as a licensed Class A Builder with almost three decades in the construction field, each title features:
- A focus on how to screen and hire home improvement pros
- Time and cost saving tips and techniques including cost estimating charts for materials and labor
- Advantages/disadvantages of various materials
- Site, design, planning, and maintenance considerations
- Explanations of different options, and the benefits and the drawbacks of each
R. Dodge Woodson is a licensed Class A Builder and Master Plumber with almost three decades' experience in the construction field. He also holds the real estate license Designated Broker, the highest classification of professional real estate licensure available. Mr. Woodson is the president and owner of Expert Realty Services, Inc., and also of The Masters Group, Inc. He bought his first piece of land in 1974 and has been a progressive land developer in Virginia and Maine for the last 29 years. He lives in Brunswick, Maine.