Engineering Graphics with AutoCAD 2020 (Paperback)
In Engineering Graphics with AutoCAD 2020, award-winning CAD instructor and author James Bethune teaches technical drawing using AutoCAD 2020 as its drawing instrument. Taking a step-by-step approach, this textbook encourages students to work at their own pace and uses sample problems and illustrations to guide them through the powerful features of this drawing program. More than 680 exercise problems provide instructors with a variety of assignment material and students with an opportunity to develop their creativity and problem-solving capabilities. Effective pedagogy throughout the text helps students learn and retain concepts:
- Step-by-step format throughout the text allows students to work directly from the text to the screen and provides an excellent reference during and after the course.
- Latest coverage is provided for dynamic blocks, user interface improvements, and productivity enhancements.
- Exercises, sample problems, and projects appear in each chapter, providing examples of software capabilities and giving students an opportunity to apply their own knowledge to realistic design situations.
- ANSI standards are discussed when appropriate, introducing students to the appropriate techniques and national standards.
- Illustrations and sample problems are provided in every chapter, supporting the step-by-step approach by illustrating how to use AutoCAD 2020 and its features to solve various design problems.
James D. Bethune taught drafting and Computer Aided-Design (CAD) for 39 years, twice winning the Outstanding Professor of the year award. He has a doctor's degree in education from Boston University and has written more than 28 books on drafting and CAD. While retired from full-time teaching, Jim continues to write textbooks on CAD. An avid golfer, Jim lives in East Greenwich, Rhode Island.