Whitcup and Nussenblatt's Uveitis: Fundamentals and Clinical Practice (Hardcover)
Comprehensive and readable, Whitcup and Nussenblatt's Uveitis, 5th Edition, covers every aspect of this complex subspecialty in a single convenient volume. This clinically relevant guide covers the medical, pharmacological, and surgical treatment of uveitis in a visually rich, full-color format, offering a complete overview for today's clinicians. New and updated case studies, key points boxes, and more than 400 images and graphics highlight major clinical points and provide insight into real situations that you can apply in practice.
- Features multiple chapters on diagnostic approach to help you meet the challenge of making accurate diagnoses.
- Reflects advancements and new developments on all aspects of uveitis including new medical and surgical treatments.
- Covers key topics such as the use of PCR in diagnostic testing, cataract surgery in patients with uveitis, the use of OCT in diagnosis and treatment, new infectious causes of uveitis (including Zika and Ebola), and novel treatments for inflammatory eye disease.
- Includes new clinical photographs, illustrations, and OCT images throughout.
- Reviews new randomized clinical trials of new uveitis therapy, as well as the approach to patients with HIV and HIV-associated ocular diseases including CMV retinitis and immune recovery uveitis.
- Provides expanded information on masquerade syndromes with important tips on diagnosis and management of intraocular lymphoma.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.