Evidence-Based Physical Examination Textbook and Handbook Set: Best Practices for Health and Well-Being Assessment (Other)
Complete evidence-based guidance on the assessment of patients across the life span and development of sound clinical reasoning in one convenient and affordable set
The Evidence-Based Physical Examination Textbook and Handbook Set delivers to healthcare clinicians and students an empirical approach to history-taking and physical assessment techniques while focusing on patient well-being and health promotion. It is based on an analysis of current evidence, up-to-date guidelines, and best-practice recommendations. The textbook offers the unique perspective of teaching both a holistic and a scientific approach to assessment. Chapters are consistently structured for ease of use and include anatomy and physiology, key history questions and considerations, physical examination, laboratory considerations, imaging considerations, evidence-based practice recommendations, and differential diagnoses related to normal and abnormal findings. Case studies, clinical pearls, and key takeaways aid retention, while abundant illustrations, clinical images, and videos demonstrate history-taking and assessment techniques.
The accompanying high-yield handbook can be used on-the-go to reinforce the most essential information for the assessment of patients across the life span, including key questions and considerations for the patient history, a step-by-step guide to physical examination, and important tips for interpreting assessment findings, differential diagnoses, and coverage of special populations.
- Delivers the evidence, acceptability, and clinical relevance behind history-taking and assessment techniques
- Focuses on the most current clinical guidelines and recommendations
- Strengthens advanced assessment and clinical-reasoning skills in preparation for clinical rotations and practice
- Demonstrates techniques with abundant illustrations, clinical images, and videos
- Aids retention through case studies, clinical pearls, key takeaways, and quick-reference tables
- Includes tips for interpreting assessment findings, Red Flag and Evidence-Based Considerations boxes, and sample documentation
- Includes robust instructor resources: chapter PowerPoint slides, a test bank with multiple-choice questions and essay questions, instructor's manual, and an image bank
- Purchase includes digital access for use on most mobile devices or computers