The Physician Assistant Student's Guide to the Clinical Year: Surgery: With Free Online Access! (Paperback)
"A lifesaver - not just for PA students, but for faculty and administrators trying our best to prepare them. Perfect for students to read and use on rotation."
- James Van Rhee, MS, PA-C, DFAAPA, Program Director, Yale Physician Assistant Online Program
The first pocket-size resource to guide PA students through their surgery rotation
Prepare for and thrive during your clinical rotations with the quick-access pocket guide series, The Physician Assistant Student's Guide to the Clinical Year. The Surgery edition of this 7-volume series, discounted when purchased as a full set, delineates the exact duties required in this specialty.
Written by an experienced PA educator, this guide details common surgical procedures you'll see, such as thyroidectomy, hernia repair, mastectomy, and appendectomy. It also provides important information on surgical emergencies, including gastrointestinal bleeding, perforated viscus, and limb ischemia. System-based chapters reviewing the presentation and management of common conditions that may require surgery are also included.
Advice on taking good SOAP notes, guidance on how to prepare patients for surgery, and tips on surgical etiquette will help you excel during this intense rotation. Additional chapters on pre- and post-operative management of patients, sterile technique, and common wound closure methods will arm you with the knowledge you'll need to succeed.
- Provides a pocket-size overview of the PA surgery rotation
- Describes common surgical procedures and emergencies
- Offers clinical pearls throughout
- Includes key abbreviations you'll need to decipher in documentation
- Reflects the 2019 NCCPA PANCE blueprint
- Includes two bonus digital chapters Three guided case studies to reinforce clinical reasoning plus 25 rotation exam-style questions with remediating rationales
- Includes full digital access on Springerpub Connect
Other books in this series:
The Physician Assistant Student's Guide to the Clinical Year:
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Behavioral Health