How To Setup Your Guitar Like A Pro: An Easy Guide for Beginners (Paperback)
"Everything you need to start confidently working on your own guitars is right here."
Learn how to do great guitar setups time and time again with this easy to follow, step-by-step manual. With expert tips, clear instruction, and over 260 photos, you will gain the understanding of how to fine-tune any guitar to play its best- with measurability and precision Use the included cut-out tool templates to broaden your skills. Makes an excellent starter book or reference for budding professionals.
***Now updated and expanded with additional content including a section on restringing, neck shimming, scale length determination and new images ***
Included in the book:
- An 8-step method for electric, acoustic & bass guitar setups
- How to adjust neck relief (bow) for optimum playability
- How to adjust string height for your playing style and guitar type
- How to file nut slots, adjust pickup height and set the intonation accurately
- How to adjust Fender-style tremolo's, Gibson hard-tails, Floyd Rose and other floating bridges
- How to adjust the saddle on your acoustic steel string or nylon string guitar
- Manufacturer's setup specs for Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, Jackson, Gretsch and others
- Exclusive setup specifications from the author's best playing guitars & basses
- Cut-out templates for radius gauges, under-string radius gauges & an action ruler
- A handy measurement conversion chart & more
From your friends at learn-guitarsetups.com and the Guitar Setup Pro App.
Praise for Jonny Blackwood:
"I have related and referred to Jonny's guidance many times over the years and I can truly say that I wouldn't have gotten very far without it." -Daryl Chonka, guitar tech for Randy Bachman (The Guess Who & BTO), recording engineer, recording & performing artist
"Everything you need to start confidently working on your own guitars is right here." -Andrew deGroot, factory certified guitar tech and luthier, Stang Guitars
"The importance of a great setup can't be overstated. This is a perfect guide for those starting out in the craft, and a great general reference to keep around. Jonny lays out all the info needed to setup your guitar like a pro, without any confusing clutter. You're in great hands." -Cory Newman, Luthier, C.A. Newman Guitars
"Jonny knows his stuff, does great work and is respectful to those of us whose greatest guitar work will be performed in our own minds." -Scott McKeen, former city councillor of Edmonton and journalist, The Edmonton Journal