International Political Economy: International Student Edition (Paperback)
Broadly viewing the global economy as a political competition that produces winners and losers, International Political Economy holistically and accessibly introduces the field of IPE to students with limited background in political theory, history, and economics. This text surveys major interests and institutions and examines how state and non-state actors pursue wealth and power. Emphasizing fundamental economic concepts as well as the interplay between domestic and international politics, International Political Economy not only explains how the global economy works, it also encourages students to think critically about how economic policy is made in the context of globalization.
New to the Seventh Edition
- Includes the disruptive impact of the pandemic on the global economy
- Includes discussion of climate change, the Green New Deal, and Green Industrial Policy
- Extended discussion of the impact of great power competition on the global economy and the role weaponized interdependence might play in this competition
- Considers the impact that Russia's invasion of Ukraine will have on globalization
- Introduces full color format