Dosage Calculations for Nursing Students: Master Dosage Calculations The Safe & Easy Way Without Formulas! (Paperback)
Welcome to the second edition of our dosage calculations book
Are you a nursing student, or nurse, who wants to learn a few simple methods of solving dosage
calculations without a bunch of formulas?
Would you like to raise your hand in your dosage calculation class, after the instructor explains a
complicated formula, and ask to approach the white board to show the class a much simpler method?
Do you want to go on your clinicals knowing that you have a solid foundation in dosage calculations?
Do you want to walk into your Nursing Calculations Class on the first day knowing that you can ace all
the tests before the course begins?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this book is for you
The book is divided into seven units containing thirty-five chapters.
Unit 1: Essential Skills:
You can't learn to drive a car if you don't understand the function of the steering wheel. The same applies to the following subjects when learning dosage calculations.
- The Metric System
- Apothecary/Avoirdupois/Household Systems
- Dimensional Analysis (DA) and Ratio Proportion (RP)
- Rounding Numbers
- Military Time
Unit 2: Auxiliary Subjects:
- Roman Numerals
- Scientific Notation
Unit 3: Unit Conversions
Unit 3 covers converting between and within the various systems of measurement using dimensional analysis and ratio proportion.
- Unit conversions Within the Metric System
- Unit Conversions Within the Household System
- Unit Conversions Between Metric, Household and Apothecary Systems
- Unit Conversions Involving Pounds and Ounces
- Unit Conversions Involving Hours and Minutes
Unit 4: Dosage Calculations
Unit 4 builds on the knowledge gained in the previous units and covers dosage calculations, starting with the terminology and set up of problems, then progressing from easy, one-step, problems through multi-step problems.
- Dosage Calculations-The Basics
- Dosage Calculations Levels 1-3
- Body Surface Area Dosing Calculations
- Pediatric Dosage Calculations
- Pediatric Maintenance Fluid Replacement Calculations
Unit 5: IV Flow Rate Calculations
Unit 5 starts with the basic terminology and set up of IV flow rate problems, then moves on to:
- Simple and Advanced Problems
- IV Flow Rate Adjustment Calculations
- Heparin Infusion and Adjustment Calculations
Unit 6: Percent and Ratio Strength Calculations
- Percent Strength
- Percent Change
- Ratio Strength
Unit 7: Miscellaneous Subjects
- Reconstitution Calculations
- Concentrations and Dilutions
- Milliequivalent Calculations
- Dosage Calculations Puzzles
- Self-Assessment Exam
The book contains over 600 high quality practice problems with answers. We look forward to your feedback
Chase Hassen and Brad Wojcik.