Writing Children's Books for Dummies (Paperback)
Create the next very hungry caterpillar, big red dog, or cat in the hat with a hand from this trusted guide
In Writing Children's Books For Dummies, you'll learn what to write between "Once upon a time . . ." and "The End" as you dive into chapters about getting started writing, how to build great characters, and how to design a dramatic plot. On top of the technical writing advice, you'll discover how talented illustrators work and how to find an agent. The newest edition of this popular For Dummies title even shows you how to choose a publisher--or self-publish--and how to use social media and other marketing and PR to get the word out about your new masterpiece.
In the book, you'll learn about:
- The fundamentals of writing for children, including common book formats and genres, and the structure of the children's book market
- Creating a spellbinding story with scene description, engaging dialogue, and a child-friendly tone
- Polishing your story to a radiant shine with careful editing and rewriting
- Making the choice between a traditional publisher, a hybrid publisher, or self-publishing
- Using the most-effective marketing and publicity techniques to get your book noticed
Perfect for anyone who's ever dreamed of creating the next Ferdinand the Bull or Grinch, Writing Children's Books For Dummies is an essential, easy-to-read guide for budding children's authors everywhere.