Introduction to Psycholinguist (Hardcover)
This textbook offers a cutting edge introduction to psycholinguistics, exploring the cognitive processes underlying language acquisition and use.
- Provides a step-by-step tour through language acquisition, production, and comprehension, from the word level to sentences and dialogue
- Incorporates both theory and data, including in-depth descriptions of the experimental evidence behind theories
- Incorporates a comprehensive review of research in bilingual language processing, sign language, reading, and the neurological basis of language production and comprehension
- Approaches the subject from a range of perspectives, including psychology, linguistics, philosophy, computer science, neurology, and neurophysiology
- Includes a full program of resources for instructors and students, including review exercises, a test bank, and lecture slides, available online at www.wiley.com/go/traxler
Matt Traxler is Professor of Psychology at the University of California, Davis. He edited The Handbook of Psycholinguistics (with Morton Ann Gernsbacher, 2006). He currently serves as associate editor on the Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology and Language and Linguistics Compass. He is also a consulting editor at the Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition. When Dr. Traxler is not at work at the university, he will often be found stalking the wily rainbow trout.