First published over 40 years ago, this is one of the best-established introductory texts for students of dentistry and oral and maxillofacial surgery. It covers each of the basic tenets of the specialty, from patient management to anxiety and pain control, to implant dentistry and maxillofacial trauma. The sixth edition has been thoroughly revised to reflect the latest developments in the field, and each chapter has been completely updated and restructured. New chapters specifically on implant dentistry have been included. This latest edition also features for the first time colour images of clinical procedures, clear colour diagrams and e-learning references.
This book is of undoubted value for students and recently qualified practitioners of dentistry, for whom it acts as a complete and ready reference through which to gain a firm foothold in oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Covers each basic tenet of oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Presents information in a clear and student-friendly style
- Reflects latest developments in the field with updates throughout
- Provides new chapters specifically on implant dentistry
- Includes colour clinical photographs and diagrams
Undrell Moore is clinical senior lecturer in oral and maxillofacial surgery at the School of Dental Sciences at Newcastle University.