Nolo's Essential Guide to Child Custody and Support (Paperback)
When you're getting divorced, you can make a tough time easier for yourself and your children if you work with the other parent to agree on a custody plan and child support. If you can't resolve these issues, you'll have to head to court and ask a judge to decide for you.
Either way, Nolo's Essential Guide to Child Custody & Support can help. You'll learn:
- how negotiation and mediation can keep costs down and improve future dealings with your ex
- where to find your state's child support guidelines
- how judges make custody decisions
- how to enforce and change custody and support orders
- how court trials work
- how Covid-19 is affecting custody arrangements and family court hearings, and
- when you need a lawyer and how to work with one.
You'll also find specifics about each state's laws, including what factors courts consider when they rule on custody arrangements and what happens when one parent wants to move away with the children.