Divorce & Money: Make the Best Financial Decisions During Divorce (Paperback)
Major financial decisions are often overwhelming, but they can feel downright impossible when you're in the midst of a divorce. Turn to Divorce & Money, the acclaimed guide that translates complex financial concepts into plain language to help you:
- create a cash flow statement using your income and expenses
- uncover your spouse's financial information
- determine the value of real estate, retirement accounts, and other assets
- understand how child support and alimony are calculated
- divide your property and debts fairly
- negotiate a comprehensive settlement
- achieve financial stability after divorce, and
- learn when and how to talk to a professional (attorney, tax adviser, or appraiser).
The 13th edition is updated with the latest tax figures and information about the new law affecting alimony.