Zooplankton of the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts: A Guide to Their Identification and Ecology (Paperback)
Beautifully illustrated, this is the only identification guide to zooplankton of the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts.
Zooplankton are critical to the vitality of estuaries and coastal waters. In this revised edition of Johnson and Allen's instant classic, readers are taken on a tour of the miniature universe of zooplankton, including early developmental stages of familiar and diverse shrimps, crabs, and fishes.
Zooplankton of the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts details the behavior, morphology, and coloration of these tiny aquatic animals. Precise descriptions and labeled illustrations of hundreds of the most commonly encountered species provide readers with the best source available for identifying zooplankton.
Inside the second edition
- an updated introduction that orients readers to the diversity, habitats, environmental responses, collection, history, and ecological roles of zooplankton
- descriptions of life cycles
- illustrations (including 88 new drawings) that identify 340-plus taxa and life stages
- range, habits, and ecology for each entry located directly opposite the illustration
- appendices with information on collection and observation techniques and citations of more than 1,300 scientific articles and books