Food Journeys of a Lifetime 2nd Edition: 500 Extraordinary Places to Eat Around the Globe (Hardcover)
Few experiences are as satisfying as a chance to explore the world through food. Compiled from the expert travel writers at National Geographic, Food Journeys of a Lifetime scours the globe for the world’s best dishes, markets, and restaurants that are worth traveling far and wide to savor.
In this fully revised and updated edition, find the best of the best, including:
- Tokyo’s famed fish market and its 226 Michelin-starred restaurants--the most of any city in the world
- The ultimate Philly cheesesteak from the city of brotherly love
- The perfect cup of tea in China
- The spice markets of Marrakech
- The juiciest cuts of beef in Argentina
- The freshest pasta in Italy
- And the ultimate Swiss wine route
Filled with a dazzling array of diverse recommendations, each page of this inspiring book will make your mouth water--and spur your next gourmet vacation.
One of the world's leading nonfiction publishers, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC has published more than 1,700 titles, featuring such categories as history, travel, nature, photography, space, science, health, biography, and memoir. A portion of its proceeds is used to fund exploration, conservation, and education through ongoing contributions to the work of the National Geographic Society.