Understanding Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education in Secondary Schools (Paperback)
This book provides an overview essential for a proper understanding of effective approaches to PSHE education in secondary education and the valuable role it can play in promoting the health and wellbeing of adolescents.
- The importance and scope of PSHE education
- The theory and research evidence for effective practice in the secondary school
- School structures which support effective teaching and learning in PSHE education
- Assessment for, and of, learning in PSHE education
- The role of visiting experts in PSHE education
- Overlaps with pastoral and therapeutic support