The Risky Behavior Addiction Workbook: Information, Assessments, and Tools for Managing Life with a Behavioral Addiction (Paperback)
The Risky Behavior Addiction Workbook provides helping professionals with cognitive and behavioral assessments, tools, and exercises that can be utilized to treat the root psychological causes of an addiction to risky behavior. It helps people identify and change negative, unhealthy thoughts and behaviors that may have led to an addiction to thrill-seeking and sensation-seeking. The activities in this workbook can help participants identify the triggers that can lead to an over-engagement in risky or thrilling behavior and help them discover ways to overcome and manage those triggers.
The Risky Behavior Addiction Workbook will help participants to achieve the following:
- Reflect upon the behaviors that were part of the addiction.
- Recognize that they are experiencing an addiction problem.
- Understand the triggers for preoccupation with various aspects of risk.
- Understand recurring patterns that indicate an addiction to risky behavior.
- Learn ways to live a new life without the need to obsess over taking risks.
- Develop greater self-acceptance and the ability to change ineffective behaviors.
- Build self-esteem in positive capabilities outside of risk-taking and sensation-seeking.
The Risky Behavior Addiction Workbook is a practical tool for teachers, counselors, and helping professionals in their work with people suffering from risky behavior addiction. Depending on the role of the person using this workbook and the specific group's or individual's needs, the modules can be used individually or as part of an integrated curriculum. The facilitator can administer an activity with a group or individual or use multiple assessments in a workshop.