Ark of the Covenant: Purpose and Symbolism of the Ark (Paperback)
Inside the holiest of holy places in the tabernacle stood the Ark of the Covenant. This gold-covered box was Israel's most sacred object and the one that most symbolized God's presence. Its power and uniqueness has given rise to all sorts of curiosity, speculation, and mystery surrounding the ark. Even longtime students of the Bible still have questions about the ark.This slimline pamphlet gives biblical answers to your questions about the Ark of the Covenant:
- Who built the ark and why?
- How big was the ark and what was inside it?
- What was the mercy seat for?
- What happened to the ark?
- And more
- Provides biblical answers to common questions about the ark
- Includes a Bible time line of the ark
- Full-color illustrations and glossy coating
- Fits in most Bibles for handy reference
- Three specific things were kept inside the ark.
- The ark is sometimes called the ark of the testimony.
- The ark was placed behind a heavy curtain in the temple.
- The ark's mercy seat played a key role in Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement).
- Jeremiah prophesied about the ark.
- The apostle John saw the ark in a vision.