Fodor's Essential Peru: With Machu Picchu & the Inca Trail (Full-Color Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Whether you want to hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, explore the Peruvian Amazon, or enjoy Lima's world-class food and museums, the local Fodor's travel experts in Peru are here to help Fodor's Essential Peru, 2nd Edition guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time.
This new edition has been fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos. Fodor's "Essential" guides have been named by Booklist as the Best Travel Guide Series of 2020
Fodor's Essential Peru travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do.
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time.
- MORE THAN 30 DETAILED MAPS to help you navigate confidently.
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, side-trips, and more.
- PHOTO-FILLED "BEST OF" FEATURES on "What to Eat and Drink," "Incredible Ancient Wonders," "What to Buy," "Peru's Top Museums," and more.
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money.
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, music, geography and more.
- SPECIAL FEATURES on "The Peruvian Amazon," "The Cordillera Blanca," "Nazca Lines," "The Islands of Lake Titicaca," "What to Watch and Read Before You Visit," and more.
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems.
- SPANISH LANGUAGE PRIMER with useful words and essential phrases.
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Lima, Machu Picchu, the Inca Trail, Cusco, Nazca, the Peruvian Amazon, the Sacred Valley, Lake Titicaca, Trujilo, and more.
Planning on visiting? Check out Fodor's Essential Chile and Fodor's Essential Argentina.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us