Fodor's Alaska (Full-Color Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Whether you want to spot wildlife in Denali National Park , cruise past glaciers in Glacier Bay , or experience the Northern Lights , the local Fodor's travel experts in Alaska are here to help Fodor's Alaska guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. This new edition has an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor's Alaska travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 25 DETAILED MAPS and a FREE PULL-OUT MAP to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED "BEST OF" FEATURES on "Alaska's Best Outdoor Adventures", "Alaska's Best Wildlife Adventures", "Alaska's Best Shore Excursions", and more.
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, geography and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on "Alaska Cruises 101", "Alaska's Glaciers", "Native Arts and Crafts", and more.
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Juneau, Denali National Park, Anchorage, Fairbanks, the Kenai Peninsula, Skagway, Ketchikan, Glacier Bay, Haines, Homer, Kodiak Island, the Yukon, and more.
Planning on taking an Alaskan cruise? Check out Fodor's Complete Guide to Alaska Cruises.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us