Fodor's Essential Turkey (Full-Color Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Whether you want to visit the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul, cruise along the Turquoise Coast, or go hot-air ballooning in Cappadocia, the local Fodor's travel experts in Turkey are here to help Fodor's Essential Turkey guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. This new edition has been fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor's Essential Turkey travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 36 DETAILED MAPS and a FREE PULL-OUT MAP to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED "BEST OF" FEATURES on "The Best Things to Eat and Drink," "What to Buy," "10 Best Beaches in Turkey," and more
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, art, religion, architecture, cuisine, wine, geography, and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on "Turkey Through the Ages," "Topkapi: Showplace of the Sultans," and "Shopping in Istanbul"
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- A TURKISH LANGUAGE PRIMER with useful words and essential phrases
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Istanbul, the Sea of Marmara, Ephesus, Izmir, Bodrum, towns along the Turquoise Coast, Cappadocia, towns along the Black Sea Coast, and more
Planning on visiting other fascinating countries? Check out Fodor's Essential Greece, Fodor's Essential Spain, Fodor's Essential France, Fodor's Essential Israel, and Fodor's Essential Morocco.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us