Psychnotes: Clinical Pocket Guide (Spiral)
A Davis's Notes TitlePerfect wherever you are...in class, in clinical, and in any practice setting This handy guide delivers quick access to need-to-know information on DSM-5 disorders and treatments, psychotropic drugs, documentation, and patient education. No other resource delivers as much information in a format that's as easy to read, easy to access, and fits in your pocket.
- NEW Content on PTSD, pandemics, COVID-19 and its impact on mental health
- NEW Content on Telepsychiatry and Teletherapy
- NEW Psychotropic medications, including Brexanolone IV, Deutetrabenazine, Valbenazine, Ketamine IV, Lumateperone, and Esketamine
- Coverage of documentation - psychiatric medications, restraints and seclusion - DSM-5 disorders and treatments - and patient education and care
- Basic behavioral theories at a glance
- Key aspects of psychiatric and crisis interventions
- General mental status assessments and exams, with focused assessments for adult and geriatric populations, including mini-cognitive assessment instrument for dementia and rating scale for Lewy Body diseases
- Essential information on psychotropic drugs
- Client/family education tables, tips, and strategies
- Cultural considerations and assessment tool
- Reusable mental health history, multiaxial assessment, CAGE, self-administered patient health questionnaires 2 and 9, and many other assessment tools
- Clinical Alerts throughout to provide practical on-the-spot advice
- HIPAA-compliant, write-on/wipe-off pages
- UPDATED & REVISED All content thoroughly reviewed, revised, and updated to incorporate the newest knowledge in the field, including new drugs and drug updates.