Step By Step Mixing: How to Create Great Mixes Using Only 5 Plug-ins (Paperback)
"This is the NO BS guide to taking your mixes to the next level Bj rgvin has been teaching and writing about recording for a decade, and really understands that stuff that we all struggle with in the home studio. Step By Step Mixing takes you through the full process of making sure your mixes rock from ruff to radio ready "-Lij Shaw, Award winning Producer and Podcaster of Recording Studio Rockstars
Let Me Ask You This:
- Do you fight to make all your instruments fit together in a busy mix?
- Do you struggle to EQ each instrument to sit in their frequency range without getting in the way of everything else?
- Do you tear your hair out finding the right compression setting for each track?
- Do you have a hard time using reverb and delay without cluttering up your mix?
- Do you get confused by saturation and how to use it to get a warmer sounding mix?
If you answered yes to one of those questions - don't worry - you're not alone.
If you want to make better mixes immediately in your home studio that translate to every speaker system, whether you're working on demos for your band or mixing records for your clients, then Step By Step Mixing is for you.
Here's What You'll Learn Inside:
- Learn to get organized and simplify your mixing process to create more mixes that sound better in less time
- Learn practical EQ tips to make all of your instruments fit in your mix
- Learn to use compression to create punchy and tight mixes
- Learn to use reverb and delay to add space and depth to your mixes without cluttering up the song and making yourself sound like an amateur
- Learn everything you need to know about saturation to add that secret sauce to your songs that make people take notice of your skills
- Learn an invaluable process to getting your mix to translate to any speaker or sound system
Step by Step Mixing covers the theory behind each processor while giving you simple to use, practical audio tips you can use to improve your mixes.
Every chapter is broken down as such:
- Explanations on the theory behind what the plug-ins do and how to use them: You'll get a thorough walkthrough of the various regions of the frequency spectrum. You'll understand exactly how to use your compressors. You'll learn all about the various reverb and delay settings and you'll get very familiar with using saturation (without overloading and distorting your mixes ).
- Common Problems and Their Practical Solutions: After you understand how each processor works we'll talk about some real world scenarios. You'll learn practical and easy to use tips to make your mixes jump out of the speakers.
Simply put...Step By Step Mixing is For You If...
You're exhausted with your trial and error process that keeps you second-guessing yourself about whether your music sounds any good.
If you're tired of individual tricks and wished you had a clear set of instructions on how to make your mixes sound like the professional records you love so much, then Step By Step Mixing is your clear and concise reference guide for better sounding music in your home studio.