Secrets of Mound Gardening: Harnessing Nature for Healthier Fruits, Veggies, and Environment (Paperback)
Your garden is only as good as your technique. If water shortages, excess rainfall, lack of space, or a limited green thumb prevents you from growing the garden you want, a plant- and planet-friendly solution could be the key to unlocking a landscape worth envying.
No matter your gardening goals or challenges, you can master this groundbreaking gardening secret learned from history and our best teacher: nature
Secrets of Mound Gardening is your step-by-step training manual to a proven framework that will benefit your health and contribute to our environment. Have limited time? No green knowledge? No problem. Whether you're a novice or experienced gardener, devoted gardening instructor Darryl Whitham will teach you how to tune into the cycles of nature, reduce waste, and maximize your landscaping space through ancient mound gardening philosophy.
In this guide, you'll discover
- Easy, practical mound gardening techniques so you can start working with nature, rather than against it.
- A simple way to produce healthy fruits and vegetables without the hours of labor often needed by conventional gardening.
- How to enjoy less weeding, soil feeding, and overall work by as much as 80 percent.
- Lessons passed down from around the globe, including traditional Native American methods, Hugelkultur basics, and raised bed styles from Africa and the Americas.
- How to grow and harvest your own natural foods, organic produce, and herbs.