Koi: A Complete Guide to Their Care and Color Varieties (Paperback)
Keeping koi (often called "living jewels") in top-quality condition takes dedication and year-round care, but it is a challenge that thousands of koi enthusiasts are happy to accept in pursuit of perfection. They are a fiercely devoted group willing to spend hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars to nurture, show and build their collection.
Written by a team of international experts, Koi: A Complete Guide to their Care and Color Varieties contains information and advice that incorporates the latest developments in koi research.
- Purchasing koi
- Body conformation, deportment, color, pattern, and quality
- The koi pond, including technology, like de-icers and warming tents
- Water quality and filtration
- Koi physiology, disease prevention, and good nutrition
- Showing koi, how to achieve optimal health, color and shine
- Designing and building a pond
- Identifying the many varieties of koi.
This book fulfils the need for a reasonably priced and up to date, expert guide on keeping koi. It is essential selection for all enthusiasts, from excited beginners to koi kichi ("koi crazy").