ServiceNow Application Development: Transform the way you build apps for enterprises (Paperback)
Develop and extend efficient cloud-native applications with ServiceNow
- Build and customize your apps and workflows to suit your organization's requirements
- Perform in-depth application development from designing forms to writing business rules, client-scripts, and workflows
- Comprehensive guide to the end-to-end implementation of designing and extending apps with ServiceNow
ServiceNow provides service management for every department in the enterprise, including IT, Human Resources, Facilities, Field Service, and more.
This book focuses on all the steps required to develop apps and workflows for any of your business requirements using ServiceNow. You will start with the first module, which covers the basics of ServiceNow and how applications are structured; how you can customize the dashboard as required; and also how to create users. After you get used to the dashboard, you will move on to the next module, Applications and Tables, where you will learn about working with different tables and how you can create a scope other than the global scope for your application. The next module is Scripting and APIs, where you will learn Scripting in ServiceNow and use powerful APIs to develop applications. The final module, Administration Essentials, covers debugging, advanced database features, and scheduled script creation.
By the end of the book you will have mastered creating organized and customer-friendly applications
What you will learn
- Customize the ServiceNow dashboard to meet your business requirements
- Use Administration and Security Controls to add roles and ensure proper access
- Manage tables and columns using data dictionaries
- Learn how application scopes are defined within ServiceNow
- Configure different types of table to design your application
- Start using the different types of scripting options available in ServiceNow
- Design and create workflows for task tables
- Use debugging techniques available in ServiceNow to easily resolve script-related issues
- Run scripts at regular time intervals using the Scheduled Script Execution module
Who this book is for:
If you are a ServiceNow administrator and developer and need to build and customize your service management solution (apps and workflows) with ServiceNow, then this book is for you.