Animating SwiftUI Applications: Create visually stunning and engaging animations for iOS with SwiftUI (Paperback)
Unleash the power of SwiftUI 4 by building dynamic, cross-platform projects with iOS 16 that will amaze your users
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
- Explore the basics of declarative programming and animation
- Understand the fundamentals of SwiftUI and animatable properties
- Learn while working on beginner-to-advanced level animation projects
Swift and SwiftUI are the backbone of Apple application development, making them a crucial skill set to learn. Animating SwiftUI Applications focuses on the creation of stunning animations, making you proficient in this declarative language and employing a minimal code approach.
In this book, you'll start by exploring the fundamentals of SwiftUI and animation, before jumping into various projects that will cement these skills in practice. You will explore some simple projects, like animating circles, creating color spectrums with hueRotation, animating individual parts of an image, as well as combining multiple views together to produce dynamic creations. The book will then transition into more advanced animation projects that employ the GeometryReader, which helps align your animations across different devices, as well as creating word and color games. Finally, you will learn how to integrate the SpriteKit framework into our SwiftUI code to create scenes with wind, fire, rain, and or snow scene, along with adding physics, gravity, collisions, and particle emitters to your animations.
By the end of this book, you'll have created a number of different animation projects, and will have gained a deep understanding of SwiftUI that can be used for your own creations.
What You Will Learn:
- Understand the fundamentals of SwiftUI and declarative programming
- Master animation concepts like state variables and time curves
- Explore animation properties like hueRotation, opacity, and scale
- Create animations using physics, gravity, collision, and more
- Use the GeometryReader to align views across various platformsCombine different animations for more dynamic effects
- Add audio to your animations for an interactive experiencec
Who this book is for:
This book is for aspiring SwiftUI developers who have a basic understanding of Swift. It can also be used by SwiftUI developers, UIKit developers, and iOS developers that are new to SwiftUI and want to improve their animation proficiency.