Mastering Ubuntu Server - Fourth Edition: Explore the versatile, powerful Linux Server distribution Ubuntu 22.04 with this comprehensive guide (Paperback)
Your one-stop resource to learn, configure and use Ubuntu 22.04 for your day-to-day operations and deployments
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free eBook in PDF format.
- Get well-versed with newly added features in Ubuntu 22.04
- Master the art of installing, managing, and troubleshooting Ubuntu Server
- Leverage the improved performance and security-related aspects of Ubuntu Server 22.04
Ubuntu Server is taking the server world by storm - and with good reason The server-focused spin of Ubuntu is a stable, flexible, and powerful enterprise-class distribution of Linux with a focus on running servers both small and large.
Mastering Ubuntu Server is a book that will teach you everything you need to know in order to manage real Ubuntu-based servers in actual production deployments. This book will take you from initial installation to deploying production-ready solutions to empower your small office network, or even a full data center. You'll see examples of running an Ubuntu Server in the cloud, be walked through set up popular applications (such as Nextcloud), host your own websites, and deploy network resources such as DHCP, DNS, and others. You'll further see how to containerize applications via LXD to maximize efficiency and learn how to build Kubernetes clusters. This new fourth edition updates the popular book to cover Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, which takes advantage of the latest in Linux-based technologies.
By the end of this Ubuntu book, you will gain all the knowledge you'll need in order to work on real-life Ubuntu Server deployments and become an expert Ubuntu Server administrator that is well-versed in its featureset.
What You Will Learn:
- Install Ubuntu Server on physical servers and on the Raspberry Pi
- Deploy Ubuntu Server in the cloud and host websites on your own server
- Deploy your applications to their own containers and scale your infrastructure
- Set up popular applications such as Nextcloud
- Automate deployments and configuration with Ansible to save time
- Containerize applications via LXD to maximize efficiency
- Discover best practices and troubleshooting techniques
Who this book is for:
This book is for System Administrators, Site Reliability Engineers, DevOps professionals, enthusiasts, as well as for individuals looking to make a career change and learn the skills they'll need to work with Ubuntu servers. Prior knowledge of Ubuntu is not required but a basic understanding of basic computing concepts is assumed. Some IT administration, Linux, and shell scripting experience is preferred, although the first several chapters will bring newcomers up to speed as well.