Lonely Planet Epic Snow Adventures of the World 1 (Hardcover)
Shred the snow with this thrilling collection of 200 epic winter adventures around the world. Zip down the iconic Canadian Rockies or visit Sweden's original ice hotel for an arctic sleepover - with 50 first-person stories from travellers and famous figures like Arianna Tricomi and Bode Miller, you'll find inspiration for a lifetime of snowy trips.
Scale majestic frozen waterfalls in Colorado; hike Australia's infamous snow-covered Mt Feathertop for wild views of the sunrise; experience husky sledding in the Chilean Lake District; or take the plunge in one of Finland's icy outdoor pools. Whether you're a seasoned winter explorer or a deep-freeze newbie, you'll find expert tips and practical information including when to go and where to stay, to help make planning your trip as smooth as the ski runs in Val d'Isere.
Inside Epic Snow Adventures of the World:
- Discover 50 first-person stories, plus a further 150 inspirational ideas for out-of-this-world winter adventures
- Expert toolkit with travel knowledge and advice to help you get there including the best time to go, gear required, nearest town, where to stay, opening hours, suggestions for similar trips, and more
- Challenge level grading for each snow adventure - easy, harder, epic - to determine the winter experiences you wish to tackle
- Breathtaking photography of each destination's vast and impressive landscape. Plus illustrated maps of the core trails
- Beautiful and vibrant book cover by New Zealand illustrator, Ross Murray
- Features first-person accounts from legendary winter sports stars: Jonny Moseley (Olympic Gold Medalist Freestyle Skier); Sage Kotsenburg (Olympic Gold Medalist Snowboarder); Bode Miller (Olympic and World Championship Gold Medalist Alpine Ski Racer); Bryan Iguchi (Professional Snowboarder); Victor de le Rue (World Champion Freestyle Snowboarder); Arianna Tricomi (Three-time Freeride World Champion)
Epic Snow Adventures of the World is the ultimate travel inspiration for anyone dreaming of their next active - and arctic - trip. This stunning book continues the collectible Lonely Planet Epic series and is a must-buy gift for the thrill-seeker in your life. See you on the slopes.
About Lonely Planet
Lonely Planet, a Red Ventures Company, is the world’s number one travel guidebook brand. Providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973, Lonely Planet reaches hundreds of millions of travellers each year online and in print and helps them unlock amazing experiences. Visit us at lonelyplanet.com and join our community of followers on Facebook (facebook.com/lonelyplanet), Twitter (@lonelyplanet), Instagram (instagram.com/lonelyplanet), and TikTok (@lonelyplanet).
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' – Fairfax Media (Australia)