Excel Formulas and Functions: 80 Top Excel Functions Made Easy (Paperback)
Excel Formulas and Functions provides clear, step-by-step explanations on creating formulas with over 80 of the most useful Excel functions.
This book provides a detailed description of each function, its arguments, and practical examples relevant to real-world productivity tasks. Create powerful formulas with simpler syntax using modern functions like IFS, XLOOKUP, XMATCH, TEXTSPLIT, and FILTER. From simple calculations to building complex spreadsheets that require multiple formulas, knowing the right function to use can increase the accuracy and efficiency of your work.
Excel Formulas and Functions is a great reference guide for working with Excel in your job, business, studies, or home. This book has been organized to make it easier for you to quickly find answers to your questions.
Downloadable sample files for hands-on learning
All examples in this book are available online as downloadable Excel files. You can learn Excel formulas and functions faster with the sample files as you don't need to create the examples in the book from scratch. You can copy and adapt the tried and tested formulas for use in your own worksheets.
This book covers the latest version of Excel for Microsoft 365 (2022 update).
In this book, you'll learn how to:
- Troubleshoot and fix formula errors.
- Use the latest lookup and reference functions to find and reference values in your formulas.
- Return rows and columns of data using dynamic array functions.
- Sort and filter data without changing the source data.
- Use logical functions to include decision branches in your formulas.
- Deploy advanced logical functions in place of convoluted nested functions for more efficient and flexible solutions.
- Use date and time functions to address a wide range of date calculations.
- Manipulate text strings easily with new and more flexible text functions.
- Perform a variety of aggregate and summary calculations using math and statistical functions.
- Calculate loan payments, the value of investments, and depreciation using special financial functions.