The Non-Obvious Guide to Event Planning (for Kick-Ass Gatherings That Inspire People) (Non-Obvious Guides #3) (Paperback)
Let's face it. Most events are boring. But they don't have to be. This highly actionable, fast-reading guide is chock-full of unconventional, un-borifying tools, ideas and strategies to help you design more captivating and unmissable events for less money and in less time.
Whether a veteran, newbie or "accidental" event planner, you'll learn fresh strategies to smartly select speakers, manage logistics, set a content road map, as well as plan and execute rave-worthy events of all types. Inspired by decades of delivering everything from large-scale corporate events to multiple TEDx gatherings, this fun, practical book will transform how you plan your next event--no matter how large or small.
"Any event can become irresistibly engaging. This book will show you how."
--SALLY HOGSHEAD, New York Times bestselling author and CEO of How to Fascinate(R)
"...Fun, creative and pragmatic insights on the why and how of strategic event design..."
--LORIE THOMAS, Certified Meeting Professional, Certified Meeting Manager, Executive at SHWorldwide Events in Seattle, WA
"The tips and tools in this guide will make any event more impactful and engaging."
--BRIGETTE GROSS, Corporate Events Manager
A sampling of what you'll learn in this guide...
- Why are some events memorable while others are forgotten immediately?
- How can you conquer distraction and truly engage participants?
- What does it really take to uncover the most inspiring speakers, negotiate their participation and create a memorable event?
- What do TED Talks teach us about events?
- How can your events be more innovative?
- How can you handle logistics like a pro--and manage unrealistic timelines, implausible goals and results-hungry stakeholders?
- What if attendees remember nothing? It's highly probable unless you do something different.
- How can you "think outside the slide"?
BONUS: This guide also gives readers quick and easy access to robust online resources, including a reusable Content Map, videos and planning templates that streamline and simplify event planning.