Argo and Me: A story about being scared and finding protection, love, and home (Paperback)
"A touching tale, flawlessly told." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
"Ultimately this touching tale speaks volumes about overcoming trauma and the value of family-in all its many forms." - Booklife Reviews, Editor's Pick
Argo and Me is a heartwarming story about a puppy and a child who have each had multiple homes and tough times. Together, with the help of family, they figure out what scares them, they learn that they are lovable, and they find safety and home.
Families and therapists will find that the book helps start important conversations about times when children may have felt scared, how this may affect them, and ways that grown-ups can help them feel safe and loved.
The book may be especially helpful for children who . . .
- Have experienced very stressful or traumatic experiences
- Have been involved with the foster care system whether they currently reside with their birth parents or foster parents
- Have been adopted
- Have friends or family members who have been through tough times
The story was developed by the team that created . . .
- Once I Was Very Very Scared
- You Weren't With Me
- Holdin Pott
- Mama's Waves/Daddy's Waves
- The Trinka and Sam Story Series - a free disaster series, jointly created with the National Child Traumatic Stress Network that has been shared with well over 400,000 families around the world.