Knifemaking: A Bladesmithing Guide on Forging Knives and Crafting Knife Sheaths with Simple Tools for Beginners (Paperback)
Discover How to Make Drool-Worthy Knives and Blades with Foolproof Bladesmithing Techniques and Hone Your Knifemaking Skills to Perfection Even If You've Never Made a Blade Before
Are you seriously thinking about mastering the ancient skill of crafting a perfect blade from scratch without having to invest in ridiculously expensive equipment?
Are you a bladesmith inspired by the formidable skill of knifemakers on bladesmithing TV shows and social media, and want to take your knifemaking skills to the next level?
If your answer is yes to any of the questions above, then this book is for you.
In this comprehensive guide, you'll get the soup to nuts blueprint for making your own perfect knife. From choosing the right steel and alloy to designing and forging your knife, you'll discover a step-by-step roadmap to crafting your first or next perfect knife with simple tools and effective techniques.
In the pages of Knifemaking, you're going to discover:
- A complete list of the essential tools you're going to need to make bladesmithing a breeze
- A list of advanced tools you're going to need to step up your knifemaking game after mastering the basics
- How to optimize the 5 most important aspects of your workshop setup to make knifemaking as easy and stress-free as possible
- A crash guide to knife design and shapes and how to choose the right software for your knife design
- The different types of knifemaking steel and how to pick the perfect steel and alloy combination for making your first or next knife
- How to test scrap metals for durability and 6 scrap metal materials that are perfect for making a great blade or knife
- Step-by-step instructions to forge your first knife with time-tested forging techniques
- ...and much, much more
No matter your level of skill, the instructions contained in this guide covers every step of the knifemaking process in great detail. Whether you want a survival knife, a karambit a tanto or even a broadsword, you'll discover everything you need to become a custom blademaker.