Animals and Foods/Ungungssit Neqet-Llu: Bilingual Yup'ik and English Vocabulary Picture Book (with Audio by Native Speakers!) (Paperback)
Bilingual English - Yup'ik Children's Vocabulary Picture Book (with audio)
In this award-winning, colorful, fun, and vivid book with real images and audio by native speakers of Yup'ik (Yugtun) and English, children will learn the name and pronunciation of 38 common animals and foods in Yup'ik and English.
- Winner of the Tillywig Brain Child Award and of the Academics' Choice Smart Book Award
- Features audio by a native speaker of Yup'ik and a native speaker of (American) English right off the book (simply scan the QR codes on each page with your cell phone)
- Includes several printable suggested games to practice the words in this book (link to games is provided in the book)
- An excellent choice for those who would like to introduce Yup'ik or Englis to their kids and educators who work with dual language education
- From the same developers of the multi-award-winning Linguacious Yup'ik vocabulary flashcard game
Audio pronunciation by native speakers of Yup'ik and English is available right from the book for each word, making this a great book especially for parents who may not speak the languages themselves but would like their children to learn good pronunciation.
Simply scan the QR code with the free Linguacious app to hear the word. This children's Yup'ik and English book with audio in Yup'ik and English can help kids develop early language skills in both Yup'ik (Yugtun) and English by playing games with the book to practice reading, writing, listening, and speaking. Each page contains a single, large image, with the Yup'ik and English words displayed in large font.
Perfect for kids learning English or Yup'ik as a first language, English or Yup'ik as second language, and English or Yup'ik as a foreign language