The Impact of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on the Online Advertising Market (Paperback)
What will you learn from this book?
- Why and how the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) impacts the online advertising market, particularly advertisers, publishers and users.
- How advertisers and publishers leverage users' personal data to pursue their goals.
- Which aspects of the GDPR are most relevant for advertisers, publishers and users.
- How complex it is to go through the process of obtaining user permission for personal data processing, and how IAB's Transparency and Consent Framework (TCF) intends to help.
- How many firms a publisher provides with access to its users' data, and how long it takes a user to respond to all permission requests.
- Which developments are taking place with regard to personal data processing, among players in the online advertising industry, as well as among regulators and consumer protection agencies.
Who should read this book?
Anyone interested in learning how and why the online advertising industry benefits from using personal data, and how the GDPR impacts this practice.
Who wrote this book?
The European Research Council provided Professor Skiera at Goethe University Frankfurt (Germany) with a substantial (ERC Advanced) research grant to examine the economic consequences of stronger restrictions on tracking technologies. Professor Skiera and his team pursued several empirical projects to demonstrate these consequences.