Laughing Through the Tears: I Give You Permission to Laugh, Walking Through Alzheimer's with Your Loved One (Paperback)
My dad-AKA Mike to my kids-taught me everything I knew, or so I thought.
No one can ever prepare you for all of life's trials and tragedies that may come your way. Some things are just too big. This author takes you on a journey from child abuse to Alzheimer's. It is a story of a man and his family and the relationships surrounding them. This is a story of forgiveness, worry, hope, tears, more worry, and finally-hopefully-laughter. This is our story.
- More than 6 million Americans are living with Alzheimer's. By 2050, this number is projected to rise to nearly 13 million.
- In 2022, Alzheimer's and other dementias will cost the nation $321 billion.
- About 1 in 9 age 65 and older (10.7%) has Alzheimer's.
- Almost two-thirds of Americans with Alzheimer's are women.
- Deaths from Alzheimer's have more than doubled between 2000 and 2019, while those from heart disease - the leading cause of death - have decreased.