DATE: Saturday, June 3rd, 2023, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
NEW DATE: Saturday, June 3rd, 2023, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
This spring, Politics and Prose invites you to travel by bus to visit the Winterthur Museum in Delaware. We will explore this museum of American decorative arts, walking through specific floors in the house. The most captivating part of the day will be seeing how the grounds and interior of the mansion are inspired by each other. Henry Francis du Pont carefully crafted every hill and path to showcase colors and depth through shadow. We will visit the house museum where the featured exhibit theme is Outside In; how nature inspired decorating the mansion throughout the years. A museum expert will guide us through a garden walk and explain the history, flowers, landscape and how it relates to the design of the house. https://www.winterthur.org/exhibitions-and-collections/garden/garden-collections/ You will have time for a museum tour, visiting the lush gardens, having lunch in the restaurant, and shopping the very tempting gift shop.
Date: Saturday, June 3rd, 2023, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Meet in P&P Coffeehouse The DEN for complimentary coffee and bagels at 8:00 a.m.
Leave P&P at 8:15 a.m.
The Chartered Tour Bus will arrive at 8 am. in front of the bookstore. We will begin loading onto the bus around 8:00 am. and plan to depart by 8:15 am. The bus will be parked on Connecticut Ave. in front of the store. Our bus transportation company is Keller’s and the bus will have power outlets, wifi internet, and a restroom.
The drive is approx. 2 hours to the Museum in Delaware. We encourage the use of masks and will have them available. The bus will have plenty of room to seat comfortably and you are not required to wear a mask. Bottled water will be provided.
We will arrive at the Visitors Center and get maps of the area. The Museum has a tram that runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. every 30 mins that tours the grounds around the property. It does make stops if you would like to get off and walk around and then get back on the tram as well. Winterthur Information: https://www.winterthur.org
Our group (20 of us) will have a guided Garden tour on the grounds at 10:30 am (90 min)
Garden Walk is with an expert museum guide. Walk is 90 mins and about 1.5 miles, slow pace but can be slightly hilly. Please wear comfortable shoes.
Followed by taking a lunch break. You can purchase a lunch at their Pavillion cafe.
Private guided tour of the Outside In exhibit begins at 1:00pm
Afterwards, you can join a deeper discussion about the estate's history or adventure on your own.
We will meet for the self-guided house tour at 2:30pm.
4:00pm meet up at the Visitor Center to board bus to head back to D.C.
We plan to be back at Politics and Prose Bookstore by 6pm
The price is $150.00 per person. This includes tickets, bus coach travel service and guided tours. You will be able to purchase lunch on site.
Know Before You Go:
You will be able to purchase lunch on site at Pavilion Cafe.
All visitors must wear a mask on the guided house tours.
Price: $150.00 includes admission to house tour and transportation.
Return Policy: Refunds are only guaranteed up to 7 days before the trip.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
By purchasing ticket(s), you affirm that you and tour attendees accompanying you fully understand and agree to the following:
- I am at least 18 years of age.
- I understand that my safety is my responsibility.
- I understand and agree that the loss, theft, or destruction of my belongings is my sole responsibility.
- I fully understand and accept, without limitation, sole responsibility for all of the risks associated with my participation while on the tour or event, including injury and death whether through my own actions or those of other participants, tour guides, or any other external parties. I assume sole responsibility for this risk and release Politics & Prose from all liability or damages resulting from my participation.
- I understand and agree that the safety and wellbeing of minors under the age of 18 accompanying myself or my party are my sole responsibility.
- I represent that I am in proper physical condition to participate in this tour or event.
- I understand and agree that tour leader reserves the right to disqualify anyone at any time during the tour if he or she feels the person’s continued participation will jeopardize the individual involved or the group. Refunds are not given under such circumstances.
- I waive liability and release Politics & Prose, its affiliates, owners, vendors, operators, agents and employees from any and all actions, suits, claims, controversies, damages, judgments and executions whatsoever, in law or in equity, direct or indirect, known or unknown, foreseeable or unforeseeable, which I may have or acquire, arising from, concerning or related to entry in, travel to or from and/or participation in Politics & Prose tours or events.
- I agree that Politics & Prose is not liable for delay or cancellation resulting from acts of participants, agents, employees, acts of God, public enemy, or the United States; or fire, natural disaster, strikes, or civil disturbance.
- This Participant Waiver and Release of Liability shall be construed in accordance with, and its validity and effect (including any claims for breach of any of the terms thereof) shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, and this Participant Waiver and Release of Liability contains the entire understanding and the agreement of the parties hereto and supersedes all other written and oral exchanges, arrangements or negotiations among them, whether written or oral, concerning the subject matter hereof.
I do hereby, on behalf of myself, my dependents, heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, release and agree to hold harmless Politics & Prose, its affiliates, owners, vendors, operators, agents and employees from any and all liability associated with the above. I agree to release, discharge, defend and indemnify against, any and all liability, whether caused by willful or negligent conduct, Politics & Prose, its affiliates, owners, operators, agents, and employees from any claims, actions and liabilities for injury (including death), illness and property losses, theft or damages to myself and those participating in the tour with me. This release shall extend to and include any person/entity acting through or on my behalf.